RE: SeaStead

You are viewing a single comment's thread from:

SeaStead

in discussion •  7 years ago 

If i have a change, i would prefer live in there instead of cities. Good post bro, thank you for sharing.

Authors get paid when people like you upvote their post.
If you enjoyed what you read here, create your account today and start earning FREE STEEM!
Sort Order:  

what's stopping you?
Aren't MOST cities on rivers or lakes? Don't they all have marina's. Don't most of the marina's have access to public transportation..and internet? How much does a full-service slip cost compared to an apartment?

BONUS...if you don't like where you live.. weigh anchor and leave.

Yes, i agree with you. You're absolutely right. The thing what is stopping me is university... One day may be i can prefer. Who knows...

I like the van boat...I've been thinking about it all day.
It's be pretty simple to build one I think

It is prohibitively expensive to live in a marina in OR. Something about utilities, fire service, yada yada yada. I have lived on a houseboat in AK, and it was a fine kettle of fish - if you very much like fish, that is.

[edit: I suddenly remember sinking it during a three day rampage. I remember a friend lighting the woodstove with gasoline, and blowing it up. Oops!]

I actually had plans to build something like the vanboat, of a schoolie I lived in once. Was gonna log my way over a hill, and craft a raft of the logs, use the industrial 366 as a winch to drag the bus up the hill (after the logs), and then winch it down to the beach, where I'd drop the driveline through a slot and connect a prop.

Not quite as easy as I thought it was gonna be, so I rented a space in an RV park instead =p