RE: SeaStead

You are viewing a single comment's thread from:

SeaStead

in discussion •  7 years ago 

What part of Texas do you live in?
I was born and raised on the Llano Estacado.
It's right in the middle of the best fishing there is..
Drive 300 miles in any direction and there's a lake, a river full of fish.

I was a grown kid before I knew that 'outside' water wasn't brown.
All I'd seen were 'playa lakes' that only had water in em once in a while.

Authors get paid when people like you upvote their post.
If you enjoyed what you read here, create your account today and start earning FREE STEEM!
Sort Order:  

I live on the edge of the caprock, and lived a bit further north, along the palo duro. Lots of empty plains and narrow bits of canyons, but very few rivers. The big lakes are enclosed and don't have tributaries or feeders.

I'm from PlainView...perhaps you've heard of it. My son lives near Kress.

I've 'invented' several boats in my head that'd go down the Red River to the Gulf.
My latest brainstrain is the boat van...the van pulls a trailer that transforms into a boat..that carries the van and uses it for power...

I think it's be fairly easy to build for someone who knows how to weld.

Son of a.......I know plainview really well. I was born 20 miles north in Tulia. My Grandparents lived in Kress. I'm going to guess that you probably knew my mom and uncle, and maybe my dad.
Small world, isn't it?

My wife had family in Tulia..name of Smith.
He had a farm outside of town and we'd go shoot prairie dogs.
I grew up in Plainview....it wasn't until ten years after I got out of high school that I came back to the area, bought the place that my son lives on outside of Kress and lived there for a decade or so.

I don't know many people..I don't play well with others.

Let me throw a few last names at you. Whitmire, White, Vaughn, Hartsell. My grandad was a local farmer and supporter of FFA and FH.
Smith. Which Smith?
Yep, it's a small world.

I knew a gal name of white in high school..gail white I think her name was. Vaugh sounds familiar.

I gadufretted from highschool in '69...three hundred in my graducating class...I knew about ten fairly well.

Don Smith?...wife's name was Abbey..daughter (only child) was Bethy Gail

My wife's name was smith....our families came to the high plains while the buffalo still roamed.

odd thing..my Dad worked at Magard and Nall motor company for the entire time it was in business...forty years or more. He was the parts manager...he knew everyone who drove a car in the county (seemed like)

My father in law worked at "flash o gas'..for the entire time IT was in buisnes..thru four changes of ownership;..he knew everyone for four counties around...

My wife managed Mrs. Bairds thrift store...SHE knew thousands of people.

When I'm asked on an employment application to name five people not related to me for references...I'm stuck.

I graduated high school in '87. But yeah, now you know why I say that there are no rivers nearby.

now I feel old.
Oh wait..I AM old.

I'm outa here for a little while.
Nice chatting with you.
catch ya later.