RE: Parkland Florida School Shooting

You are viewing a single comment's thread from:

Parkland Florida School Shooting

in discussion •  7 years ago  (edited)

even so.
I'm a law abiding citizen
I've never even had a traffic ticket in the last 25 years...perhaps two in my life (moving violations)
I try to avoid trouble.
and yet.
Every dam encounter I've had with a cop has been a BAD one.
My life experience has taught me to be more afraid of cops than the bad guys (I can and have taken care of the bad guys myself when need be)

I say get rid of em.
All they are is revenue collectors.

Authors get paid when people like you upvote their post.
If you enjoyed what you read here, create your account today and start earning FREE STEEM!
Sort Order:  

Going back to your point that "the job hasn't been done...and yet we survive" it's kind of ironic you commented that on a post about 17 dead people. The job wasn't done, and they didn't survive. Kate Steinle didn't survive. The list goes on of people who are dead because they were killed by people who should not have been running around loose in the first place if law enforcement had been able to properly do their job.

But ultimately, the blood is on the hands of people higher up than law enforcement. What good is it if law enforcement does pull dangerous people off the streets, if the courts and politicians and public opinion let them loose again? I think that is what's broken. Then you have those same politicians and public opinion handcuffing the cops. "You can't use race when describing a suspect cuz that's racist" well good luck finding criminals when you leave a key descriptor out. "You can't tag people as gang members cuz that's racist" well good luck combating gang problems then. "You can't detain illegal immigrants" well good luck removing the people who are here as fugitives from justice in their home countries--and then commit the same crimes here. Politicians and the Left have prioritized the feelings (and the votes!) of certain collectives over public safety, and then when those policies go south they scapegoat law enforcement.

I'm not saying all cops are good, there are certainly bad ones just as in any other profession, but I think it's throwing the baby out with the bath water to declare them all bad as well. I think as with any facet of government their scope of work should be limited as much as possible, just not in the ridiculous red tape fashion I described above.

the kids did not survive BECAUSE of law enforcement
they were in a gunfree zone remember?
following the law.
if they broke the law what would have happened?
the cops would have arrested them...right?

Law enforcement didn't create the gun free zone. Politicians--specifically then-Senator Biden--came up with that. So law enforcement itself had to follow the law, correct? So the kids didn't survive because some politicians thought it would be a great idea to render them defenseless. Again, the police get blamed for something that was decided by their superiors.

I also find it super interesting that when I Googled "who created the gun free school zones act", Google wouldn't give me a direct answer. Instead it popped up a bunch of articles bashing Trump. I had to dig for that info on Biden.

Enjoying the discussion, btw :)

yup...just following orders.
worked real well at Nuremberg.

for anything politically incorrect google is about worthless.
try duck duck go.