RE: So, if I was Making $28 Million a Year...

You are viewing a single comment's thread from:

So, if I was Making $28 Million a Year...

in discussion •  7 years ago 

That's a crazy amount to make a year! I wouldn't know what to do with all of that money. You can buy a big ass house, hire a gardener and maid to keep it all clean and tidy, but then what? I think I wouldn't even do that. I would buy a nice house close to nature and with a swimming pool to keep myself healthy. But I wouldn't want it too big. I'd rather go on vacations. Then I'd make sure I'd have a saving acount big enough to keep me supported for the rest of my life and the rest would probably go to vacations and charity.

Honestly, just a few million one time would give you financial freedom for the rest of your life if you live in a regular house. Isn't that enough?

Authors get paid when people like you upvote their post.
If you enjoyed what you read here, create your account today and start earning FREE STEEM!
Sort Order:  

For me, what money mostly buys is more security (knowing I don't have to worry if something "bad" happens) and the ability to be left alone.

For the most part, I'd want to focus the rest of my efforts on teaching people how to make their lives better... not "handouts" but teaching the skills that make handouts unnecessary.

Like taking on 'interns'/journeyman that work for you, but benefit by the direct interaction and tutalage. That would be cool. I wish the whole mentorship thing was done more these days... in truth it would negate the need for many college degrees and thus keep those 'kids' out of heavy student loan debts.

I think we've gone overboard on "cookie cutter education," and value that all-important college degree far about someone who has an actual skill and trade to offer. Which I think would serve them much better, in the long term.

Right. I think that is what I was saying! Thank you

For me, what money mostly buys is more security (knowing I don't have to worry if something "bad" happens) and the ability to be left alone.

That is such a good way of putting it and I completely agree with you on that front. I also think your idea of teaching people to better care for themselves is great. Handouts don't work and will postpone some problems. Knowledge is much better :-)

Why did your ancestors move out of their cave? Wasn't that enough?

Because a cave is a crappy place to live. But so is a BIG house. Which is why, now, after 40-50 years of big houses, the small house and tiny house movements are growing.

Sure, that's a good point. However, not having loads of money does not equal no progression. I guess none of us would mind getting that much each year, but deciding what to do with it might get a bit tough, other than donating it to charity/science/whatever you care about :-)

I agree that it is enough. But the temptation is two fold....that its not enough, AND that if you don't accumulate more, it won't be enough in the future.

Yeah, I guess that very much depends on how you spend it aswell. If you buy a big ass house that requires a lot monthly to maintain, you'll get yourself stuck into having to earn a lot each month. If you get used to an expensive lifestyle, you'll not quickly settle for less.